Quote

A beautiful word or thought that is not accompanied by corresponding acts is like a bright flower that bears no fruit. It would not produce any effect. ~The Buddha

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Getting Started

I think it was back in 2007 I started saying, "I should blog about this, that or the other thing."  Well, readers, the time is now.  I decided to make blogging a goal for 2011, and not only did I say it in my head, I also boldly stated it to someone else, and I put it in writing!  

So now you know why I'm  here, but what's with the title you ask?  Well, I'm 46, and my daughter is 9, and I expect that between now and when I turn 50 (and she turns 13), there's going to be a lot that's going to happen, and knowing me I'll want to share.  For example, the laundry fairy may actually show up in the form of a friend who offered to do my laundry once in awhile.  Will he fold my delicates? Not sure.  Not sure he will and not sure I would want him to, but it's supposed to be a festive occasion and ice cream is involved so anything goes. It's not as crazy as you might think because I'm also divorced and this event could classify as a date.  It's been awhile, what would I know about the boundaries of dating these days? 

I will also be heading towards, dare I say it, menopause, and I've often said writing is a good tool for venting so I may use the blog experience to help me negotiate my way through that phase of my life.   

So there's raising a preteen, possibly dating, menopause, my views on a variety of topics from sports (baseball & football), entertainment and life in general.  Hopefully we will have a little fun along the way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment