Quote

A beautiful word or thought that is not accompanied by corresponding acts is like a bright flower that bears no fruit. It would not produce any effect. ~The Buddha

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011

This isn't going to be about new year's resolutions because frankly, I don't commit to them.  I make up things that I want to do better as I go along.  That's why I'm writing on the 3rd and not the 1st.  

At some point in the summer of 2010, I cut back on coffee and then a little later, sugar, and I'll keep going in 2011.  Although, let me just say, that in trying to cut back on sugar, the most significant change I've made is switching to greek yogurt.  I keep telling myself I'll get used to it, but it's been awhile now, and I eat it but it doesn't get easier!  I also strive to be a better person all of the time...kinder, more patient, etc., and most of the time I manage to pull it off, but some days could still use a little work.  So I'll tweek that some more in the coming year.  

I could say, "I'll join a gym" but I won't.  In the past, the only reason I went to the gym was to participate in the exercise classes, but at that time, I didn't have anyone I needed to get ready for school or help with homework, and classes at our local gym are in the morning or early evening so that's out.  I thought about these new 'anytime' gyms that have been cropping up.  We have two near me, one is Anytime Fitness and the other is Snap Fitness, but I don't see the point of working out at a bigger facility by myself, at let's say 10pm, when I could just as easily do that at home.  But I did buy a workout program on DVD called Physique 57, and I'm going to do my best to incorporate this routine into my exercise regimen.  I may even write a review after I give it some time to make a difference.

So here's my point, at this stage of the game, we're older and wiser so keep doing what's working, purge what's not, and have a positively healthy and happy 2011.       

No comments:

Post a Comment