Quote

A beautiful word or thought that is not accompanied by corresponding acts is like a bright flower that bears no fruit. It would not produce any effect. ~The Buddha

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Carbon Footprint

I stopped using cloth hand towels about 5 years ago. I really don't consider myself germ-phobic, but think about it, a cloth towel is just a breeding ground for germs.  When I painted my powder room last year, I didn't even put the towel rod back up.  Instead, I have the paper hand towels for guests.  Upstairs, in the bathroom, I have kept a roll of paper towels on the counter. 

While I know this does nothing for my carbon footprint, I do have a couple of pluses in my favor.  First, I use the select-a-size rolls where you can tear off half a sheet.  Also, in the past year, I made the switch from plastic water bottles to one stainless steel bottle.  Considering I drink a lot of water, I have drastically reduced my use of plastic.  Further, I have also cut down on the number of baggies I use for school/work lunches opting instead for plastic reusable containers.  Lastly, I made the switch to CFL bulbs throughout my condo, and installed a low-flow showerhead.  Rationalization at its finest.

Kleenex White Hand Towel (Pack of 6)
Just lately, I replaced the roll of paper towels with the new Kleenex hand towels.  They are even packaged in a nifty box that you can set upside down on your towel rack for handy dispensing.  Cute, right?  Now why didn't I think of that??

3 comments:

  1. New follower from BlogFrog - hope you'll come by TheCaffeineCoquette.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I definitely will Kenda...and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a firm believer that you don't have to live in a tree and eat only out of your own garden to be doing your part for the planet. I wrote about my own venture into "green" a few years ago when I discovered Reusable Shopping Bags. They are still my favorite! http://www.sarahmcow.com/my_weblog/2009/03/reusable-bags-maiden-voyage.html

    ReplyDelete