Quote

A beautiful word or thought that is not accompanied by corresponding acts is like a bright flower that bears no fruit. It would not produce any effect. ~The Buddha

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Technical Difficulties

I like technical difficulties, like with my computer, almost as much as car trouble which is to say, not at all.  My current laptop is coming to the end of it's life, and although the MIS group where I work would never recommend a Dell, mine has served me well.  I'm pretty sure I've had it for 7+ years.  I'm thankful it has never fried in a thunderstorm or just crashed.  I only just bought a UBS external drive to back up my pictures and my music downloads yesterday.  I know. Not. Smart. But everything on that computer that is important to me is now backed up and the laptop just has to limp along until I find a replacement.  

Although I would love a Mac, I'm pretty certain I'll be going with a HP.  As my aunt has always said, "champagne taste, beer pockets."  In my case, Miller Lite.  

What did we do before computers?  I can't remember, but I know I use mine to stay connected with social networking sites, like Facebook, and email, and to edit/share pictures and download music.  It's my link to the world outside, and on more than one occasion that connectedness has served as a depression buster for me.  What did we do before computers?  I choose not to remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment